Thursday, May 22, 2008
We Are All A Family
It doesn't matter if you have adopted from the United States, Columbia, China or Russia; adoptive families have a bond, an understanding, a connection. When one family rejoices, we all rejoice, and when one family hurts, we all hurt. I came across the news tonight of the tragic death of Steven Curtis Chapman's youngest child that was adopted from China and would hope that you would join me in keeping this family in your thoughts and prayers as they go through this unimaginably difficult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I just heard about this on the news, and my heart is so heavy for this family. They have done so much to raise awareness and to help families adopt. Our family will be praying for them in the days and weeks ahead. So tragic.
Oh my goodness. This is such a tragedy. My heart goes out to the Chapman family. I can't even begin to imagine the grief they are experiencing.
I am so torn up. It is hard to believe that this has happened to such a great family who has done so much for adoption. I had planned on putting something on my blog about this also but when I saw your post you said what I was thinking. So I am just linking to your blog. I hope you don't mind.
Perfectly said Susan. Praying God's richest blessings for the Chapman family.
I agree that we, as adoptive families, have a bond. I was in tears when I saw the news of Maria. I cannot imagine the grief this family is facing and I agree that we can all help by simply lifting them up in prayer.
Thanks for posting as it has been in my thoughts!
This made me so sad when I learned about it Wednesday night. Their story was one of the ones that encouraged us in our desire to adopt internationally. I've also listened to his music since I was a young teenager, so I feel like I've followed he and his family for a long time. It is such a tragedy, and our thoughts and prayers are with them.
Post a Comment