We went on our first family vacation this past weekend to Cancun, Mexico. Randy's brother Bill got married to Amy on the beach in Cancun. We had planned on attending the wedding from the time they announced the date and location and thought we would be okay with the adoption since we had originally asked for our dossier to be registered in March and didn't think we'd be home this early with a child. After we found out our new adoption timeline we decided not to attend the wedding because we thought it would not be possible to get Artem back into the U.S. with his Russian passport without getting another visa for him. We were also worried it would be too hard on Artem to travel so soon after returning home from Russia, so we cancelled our reservations and told our family we wouldn't be able to attend. Last week we found out he could travel on his Russian passport and the visa inside his passport is a residence visa and as long as it is properly endorsed by customs in Atlanta when we first arrived in the country on April 19th we would be fine to travel. We decided to go to the wedding after all since Artem has proven to be such a "on the go" kid to make it a surprise and not tell anyone.
The trip turned out great and we managed to pull off the greatest surprise to Randy's family when we arrived at the resort. We stayed at the Iberostar Paraiso Maya resort and it proved to be absolutely incredible! We highly recommend this resort to any of our friends and we would return in a heartbeat. It was beautiful and their website does not do this place justice. It was so family friendly and Artem took his first swim in a pool, his first time to the ocean, and his first wedding and it just happened to be a beach wedding. Gorgeous! Artem had so much fun and did great meeting lots of new people and charming the heck out of everyone he met. The resort is all inclusive which worked out great and we had several restaurants to chose from at each meal, but we mostly ended up at the buffet for breakfast and lunch which was perfect for our bottomless pit, Artem. We've told people how much our son eats but finally at dinner on Sunday night, Amy said, "You keep saying this boy can eat but now I've witnessed it firsthand and omigoodness!"
We hated to leave Cancun and are already talking about taking another trip in November for our anniversary/Artem's birthday. I've attached a few pictures of our trip. We took over 400 pictures and had some family pictures taken that we want to use for our adoption announcement.
Oh to win the lottery and live like that year round!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Boy am I jealous! What a great trip and I love the pictures. This part of Mexico is so beautiful that we bought a timeshare a few years ago in Cozumel. If you are already planning your next trip -- you may be hooked! So glad that Artem did well on the trip and no problems with the passport/visa -- that's great!
what a beautiful family.... I love your new photo!
I love all the pictures. It sounds like Artem did so well and you had a wonderful time as a family.
I'm SO glad you got to go!! It's great to have a child that is able to be "on the go"...what a great surprise for the family!
I have to know, though, WHERE did you get that dress?? It is beautiful & I want one!! ;)
Awesome pics! It made me homesick for the beach. I can't wait to take Liam. Love the matching Hawaiian shirts. Rob wants to do that but we haven't found any in both their sizes.
OMG so glad you guys had a blast. I know what you mean about not wanting to leave. Cozumel,right across the way from Cancun, was one of our stops on the cruise and we spent the day on a private beach. They have the best beaches there. Love the new pics!
Mike and Wanda
Wow it looks like you had a great time. I love the picture of the three of you at the top of the blog. Not to put words into Artem's mouth but it looks like he is saying
"Hey Daddy move over that is MY Mommy"
I love it.
Joy
Wow you are brave. I am glad it all went so well.
The new picture is great and Artem is such a cutie.
Oh Sam is a bottomless pit too.
Love the pictures!!!
Post a Comment