Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wrap Up

I'm going to make the move back to our family blog Cheerios In My Shorts since our adoption journey is over and we are settling into our life as a family of four. Wow, a family of four, it still catches me off guard some days.

Andrik has really turned a corner and I cannot believe how much of a different child he is now. He laughs, smiles, and hams it up around the house like the rest of us. The other day I was making the bed and he walked up behind me, poked me in the rear end with his plastic shark, roared like a lion, and then laughed so hard he fell over. I wonder if he ever goosed his Russian caregivers? I am really enjoying this new version of Andrik! I think he just needed a lot of time to grieve for the life he left behind and adjust to his new life with our family.

Before I go, someone left a comment awhile back about how we traveled with Artem to Russia and I wanted to answer it. We had absolutely no problems traveling with Artem back to Russia. When we flew into Russia he used his Russian passport and got his entrance stamp. He did not need a visa since he has dual citizenship and has a Russian passport. When we left Russia, he showed his Russian passport and got his exit stamp. When we got back to the US, we went through passport control and he showed his US passport. Easy-peasy! We did bring our adoption decree just in case but we never needed it.

Finally, Nancy from Bun in the Airplane, if you are reading this would you email me please? staylor602@hotmail.com

So that's it for now, Journey to Adopt Version 2.0 is winding down. Thank you for reading along, cheering us on, praying for us, and giving us all the wonderful advice along the way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Susan for answering the sibling entrance/exit question!! We're wrapping up our homestudy for #2 so it's very timely info.
God bless!

www.adventureswithaidan.org said...

Fantastic! And thanks for the information about traveling to Russia with these little guys. I did wonder and hope to take Aidan there some day. good to know!

god bless!