I wanted to say Thank You to everyone who left us a reply or sent an email last week when I asked for your adoption experiences when we were evaluating our first referral. I asked for your input and you definitely gave me what I asked for! I had over 55 messages in my inbox the next morning and I read each and every one of them. I wish I had time in my day to personally respond to all of the messages but since I don't please know that it meant so much to me that you took the time to send me a message.
I still feel a great deal of guilt for turning down our first referral but I hope with time, those feelings will start to fade and I can just focus on our new addition and get through the wait until court. The wait for trip #1 is nothing compared to the wait for trip #2. At least we are heading into August next week; that sounds better than July!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You need to let go of the guilt and look forward to bringing home your new little guy. God gives us those "uncomfortable" feelings for a reason.
I am so happy you were able to get a 2nd referral that matches your family so perfectly. Only you and Randy know what is right for your family and it's amazing you were able to stay so level headed about what you can (and can't) handle while under such stressful circumstances. It's scary to think that the director withheld extremely important medical information about the first little boy. (It kind of makes me wonder if our little girl was being sedated during our first visits.)
I'm looking forward to seeing your family all together soon! And a house full of boys ROCKS!
Hey Susan! So glad you're back home and settling in with Artem. Having experienced the angelic choir when we met Ilya for the first time, I can only imagine how difficult declining the first little boy was. However, God had other plans not only for your family but for this little boy as well. Hoping you get your court date SOON!!
Hugs,
Karyn, Norm & Ilya
The guilt will fade, but for me anyway, it's never completely gone away. But at the same time...I couldn't have had Lydia if I had said yes to the first baby girl, so I know it was God's plan and it makes it ok. I do still wonder what happened to little Valentina though.
I hope you get travel news soon...this part is absolutely the hardest!
As the above Jodi said...the guilt will fade. But as she also said, it will likely never go away completely. We declined one referral of a little girl about two and a half years ago. I am so thankful that we know that another family brought her home. I can follow her on another blog! :) A child that doesn't fit our family is another family's answer to prayer!!! AND...we wouldn't have the little lady that we now have....
Blessings to you as you wait for your court date. We are waiting for a referral currently....and as you said, the waits are so totally different!
Jody
I'm so happy things worked out!! I know what your mean about feeling guilty for declining a referral but you have to trust your instincts and know your limits. I'm sure you made the right decision! Can't wait to hear more. Rachel
Hi Susan,
I am so, so happy for you and Randy!! Just had to say it again!!!
I'm just now catching up on blogs.
September is right around the corner - Have a great summer!
Teresa
We are so happy for you that August is here and you don't have to say July anymore:) Thinking of you Susan.......
Post a Comment