Thursday, April 1, 2010

Curse Word, Curse Word, Curse Word

I don't know why we can't catch a break with paperwork issues in our adoptions.

USCIS has let me know that after six weeks they are considering our I600A application packet lost and we need to refile. It never made it to their office from the Lewisville, TX address that everyone is required to mail their application to.

For anyone keeping track, that's one Dossier lost by DHL that was loaded with all our personal and financial information and now one I600A packet lost which included all our confidential information, home study, copies of our birth certificates, marriage certificate, Randy's fingerprints that he had done at the US Embassy in Abu Dhabi, and a $750 money order. Oh and let's not forget our original battle with USCIS during Artem's adoption when we had to get our state Senator involved to help us fight that agency.

We can't get a break.

The good news is, Randy had to go to the US Embassy the other day for something and the man that fingerprinted Randy last time graciously fingerprinted him again, (for another $80) and this time made four copies putting them into two sealed envelopes. I'll have them by this weekend.

8 comments:

Amy, Jeff, LM, SC, & Ashton said...

been a "peeper" from time to time... artem is adorable!! and just wanted to chime in and say BUMMER but glad, when all is said and done, that things are moving forward... you will get there, and yes, your child(ren) are getting ready for you...hang in there! we think w/ round 2 we'll be more patient or things will go better, but the fact of the matter is, when you are waiting for a child (be it your first or your 6th), it is that feeling of knowing there is a child who is needing you, and feel like you are banging against closed doors to get to them... it will happen, tho -- you'll get there!

Kami said...

Ah man! That just makes me mad that yet another vital piece of paperwork is missing Again! It will all come together, and God has the perfect timing for it! :) We waited from January to April on a document in our adoption process and I remember crying on the phone to people every week until someone finally helped me. Hang in there and I'll say a prayer for you! :)

Jodi said...

Seriously?!! I just don't get it!! One family should never have to go through so much!! I guess it's all worth it though, 'cuz it was a nightmare for adoption #1 and Artem was worth every.single.bit!! and I know that number(s) 2 (& 3) will be as well! I'm so sorry that you have to do this all again. You have got to be the paperwork QUEEN by now!!

GuinnessandKillian said...

Wow - your curse words sound very much like mine! All of the trauma is so ridiculous and ludicrous and unnecessary. I'm so sorry you're having to do it (again and again). My husband and I laugh about our unexpected gift of two girls at once because I honestly don't think I could do it again, honestly and truly. I hope it doesn't wear you down too much. Thinking of you with empathy.

Jane and Jim said...

Jim said you need to have a major media agency pick this story up - that's ridiculous - this cannot be happening again...

Sending hugs, prayers and fingers and toes crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
It's Teresa from the Yahoo board. I am so sorry to hear this, but glad it is all coming together - I can't believe DHL lost your dossier in your previous adoption! We just found out that our I-171H expires in June, so we will have to re-appy all aver again, too- What a pain!
Your little one is such a cutie!!
Best wishes with everything...
Teresa
PS-Happy Easter

Dede said...

Man I can't believe you guys are having these issues again. Oh well, what can you do but smile and know that in the end it's all worth it! :-)

Heather said...

I just happened to stumble upon your blog and read the latest couple of entries. We can relate to a lot of your frustration. We adopted our son from Artem City in the Vladivostock region on April 16th of last year. We have just begun the process to return to complete our family. We have started the homestudy process and just received word that our I600A was received and processed. Now we will see how long it takes to get a fingerprint appointment! It is maddening to know that these hoops sometimes prevent people from completing adoptions.

I will continue to follow your journey and pray for smoother sailing from here on out!