We need some input on video cameras. Our current video camera is about eight or nine years old which in the technology world puts it in the same category as 8-Track tapes and vinyl records and cannot tape longer than 30 seconds without giving us a message that the heads need cleaning, even if I just cleaned them 30 seconds ago.
I'd like something that doesn't use the little tapes, is lightweight and compact, has great clarity, and doesn't cost a fortune.
I've seen the little Flip cameras but I read online they are limited to 120 minutes of recording time and while we are in Russia we will have times where we exceed 120 minutes.
Any suggestions on a good camera that can keep up with us but not break the bank?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love our JVC HDD camera. It is completely digital. It can hold up to 16-75 hours of video, depending on the pixels you record in. It is very small and lightweight. Also, we spent about $400 2 years ago on it, so it should be cheaper now. You hook it directly to your computer and download videos there and you can write them to a dvd immediately.
Hey Susan! We love our JVC HDD Model GZ-MG30U. Lightweight, small, records 7-14 hours DVD quality footage or up to 37 hours at 320x240 footage. No discs, 25x zoom, and very quick to turn on and start recording. The only drawback is the battery life. The original only holds about an hour of charge so we elected to purchase the double battery. It's nice to have a back-up always charged anyway! We bought ours before we went to Russia and just charged it nightly and we had absolutely no complaints, just lots of great memories!! $400-$500
I just bought a Canon FS200 for about $250 (check Sears, and buy it through bing.com/cashback for 8% back) and it is the best thing ever. And the Flips don't zoom in and out, I believe.
I triple the vote for JVC HDD! Had a Sony with mini-discs and hated the darn thing. Love the JVC with the internal hard drive.
I used the Flip when i was there--just transferred the videos every day to my laptop. But i was disappointed in the picture quality--ok but not great.
Hi Susan,
Would you mind emailing me at jciarlette@Hotmail.com. We are thinking about going back to Russia and I was wondering about your agency.
Thanks,
Jodi
Susan, did you say TWO boys??????
Susan,
Look at the Kodak Zi8. We have one and love it. It's like the flip but uses SD cards. I like that you can take as many SD cards as you want and have hours upon hours of video. It also records in HD and best of all, it's only around $150.00.
rhwalters on SN
I recommend the new Flip Slide HD. It's a Flip Video camera that stores up to 12 hours of video (4 hours of HD video). As someone else mentioned, you can always transfer the video to your laptop each day with a regular Flip video but this way you wouldn't have to or if you weren't able to every day you'd still be ok. They are small and lightweight AND it's $279! Here's a link to an article about it on DViceNews. http://dvicenews.com/wp/?p=88
Post a Comment