Absolutely ALL of our dossier paperwork is now in my hands. The final letter came in today and our social worker even hand delivered it to our house! On Monday I will drive the hour to Austin and have the remaining documents apostilled and then Fed Ex everything to our international agency in North Carolina.
One of the great things about living in Texas is the apostille fee cap. Apostille fees can add up very quickly at $10.00 per document but Texas caps that fee at $100 for adoptive families. We have already reached our $100 cap so Monday will not see any additional fees. That is sweet music in international adoption.
Next week we start the clock ticking on our wait for a referral. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Congratulations! I have enjoyed reading your blog. Our son Caleb (almost 2) was adopted from Kyrgyzstan about 18 months ago. We also live an hour away from Austin! Wishing you all the best as you are one step closer to your second child!
YAY!!! I know it feels good to be almost finished with the paperwork. You'll be back in Moscow before you know it!!!
Great news!!!! You'll have a sibling for Artem in no time! You are so lucky with the fee cap. Ours in PA are $15 each with no cap! We have easily paid $600-$700 and we aren't done!!!
You can't see me, but I'm doing the happy dance over here for you! YAY!! I don't know if I told you guys, but our boys are from Fryazino. So now we have two things in common...
When they told us what baby house we were going to, Artem was the first thing I thought of... well, him and the fact that we were going to meet TWO little boys!
YAY!! And you're lucky...there was no cap on Apostilles when we did it 4 and 6 years ago. I'm going to be on pins and needles with you waiting for your referral!
Great news! Hope to see you in Russia! Lori
Such good news!! And no extra fees - yay!
congrats! here's hoping you have a short wait! we're a few weeks behind you, we were recently registered in moscow :)
Nice! I'm envious of the apostille fee cap. We don't have that here and we pay $7.50 per each and every time. :)
Hoping for a great referral post soon!
So hoping the wait is short for you!!! Its so exciting!Checking in every day waiting with you!!
:-)
Robyn X
Post a Comment