Thursday, September 18, 2008

He's Getting Too Smart For Me

I had to run errands today and was hurrying out the door only to realize Artem's hair was a mess and had not been brushed. Lately when he sees the brush come out, he starts to run away and finds a wall and flattens himself against the wall in an attempt to hide from me. As if on cue, Artem ran when he saw me get the brush and since I was on my way out the door, I did not have the patience to run after him. I stuck my head out the bathroom door, used my "mad mommy" voice and said, "Artem Alexander you get in this bathroom right now!!" He looked at me and smiled and cocked his head to the side and gave me the sweetest, most charming look he could in an attempt to melt my heart and make me forget that his hair needed to be brushed but refused to come into the bathroom. Unfazed by his charm, I said through gritted teeth, "One..." to which Artem proudly yelled, "TWO!"



It totally backfired on me, the boy has figured out my trick and I'm back to the drawing board.

10 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Ohhhhhh my dear Susan.... Andrew started doing that and I would forget and say "One..." and he would yell out "TWO THREE" and be SO proud of himself. It was SO very frustrating, but funny and awesome at the same time. :-) Your little boy IS a smarty! :-)

Shane & Marie said...

HA...if he is out smarting you now, I hate to see him in another 5 years. Too cute!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Watch out world, here comes Artem! :)

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Very cute story and he is soooo smart!

I didn't post a comment on your last entry but loved the description of the 80's garb...I hadn't thought about Aquanet or mall bangs for a long time, it brought back the memories!

Laura S said...

LOL...ours does it too, but in spanish. Hilarious. When he starts to count it starts with 2..he says 2, 3, 4 & 5 all in spanish.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!! Oh, my gosh, that's a good one!

Laura

Our Family said...

Susan,

This post made me howl while reading it last night! What a smart (and entertaining) child Artem is!

Adrian

Anonymous said...

hilarious... i'm glad i'm not the one who has to discipline that boy, i don't think i could do it! your son is priceless! :-P

please keep us updated while away - i pray for your family daily and i love knowing how all 3 of you are!

- michelle

Alexis Jacobs said...

Okay that is too funny!

Chris said...

Too funny! I'm sure Artem will love that story when he is older.