Thursday, December 27, 2007

Strange Dreams

I had a weird dream last night that our agency rep met us outside of someones house in their driveway and told us that someone from the agency would be calling to give us a heads up about "Cody". (in my dream I knew that Cody was the baby we were going to adopt although the name Cody isn't very Russian, so I don't know where I got that name) They told me that even though we are travelling blind to Russia they always give their military families advance notice of their referrals. I tried to explain that we are no longer military but they said that was okay and would let us know about Cody. They also told us that we need to be open to all forms of adoption (international and domestic) and to keep an open mind. I walked into this strange house and a pregnant lady was sitting on a bar stool smoking a cigarette. She was talking to a lady that I knew in my dream and told her that this pregnancy was a surprise and how it was going to mess up her plans and that she had just got her life on track again and she wanted to put the baby up for adoption. She turned to me and asked me if I knew anyone that would want to adopt a baby. I started crying and couldn't talk and the lady that I knew told the pregnant woman that we had been trying for 7 years to get pregnant and would love to adopt the baby. The woman put her cigarette out and I managed to stop crying long enough to say, "And I don't even smoke or drink or do drugs". The next scene was in the operating room and the baby was being born but it had it's umbilical cord coming out of it's back and the umbilical cord looked like the breathing hole/tube of the squid creature in Pirates of the Caribbean. The doctor assured us it was a routine operation to remove a back umbilical cord and then the dream ended with us having the domestic baby and we had "Cody" our Russian son.

I have no idea what that dream means other than I should obviously not eat so many Milk Duds and Slim Jims before bedtime. :-) Any dream experts out there care to take a crack at my dream!? Haa Haa!

In real adoption news...we are still waiting for immigration services to send us a finger print appointment. Our dossier should be in Russia right now and being translated. It might make it in time to get registered before the Russian government closes for Christmas but if not, we are not concerned. We are confident that all the timing will work out for the best. I hope everyone had a great Christmas and that Santa was good to you. Christmas next year should look and sound very different for so many of us!!!

16 comments:

Tiger & Kar said...

Milk Duds & Slim Jims, huh? Nice combo!! :-)

Okay, I'm not a dream interpreter so I can't help you out with that. BUT, I have been having interesting dreams about our soon-to-be-child as well. In each dream our child is a girl (we didn't specify gender but are still thinking we'll be referred a son)... A friend of ours keeps having dreams that we have a son. Perhaps this means twins - boy & girl - for us?? Yikes!

Anyway, hopefully someone else will have more insight into your dream than I do. Good luck!

Susan said...

Kar, did you request twins? We said we were open to twins and didn't specify gender. Maybe you'll be double blessed!

Troy and Rachel said...

I love slim jims!! I think dreams are just a way for our minds to work through some of our worries. I hope you get your fingerprint appt. soon.

Chris said...

I rarely dream, so maybe I should start on a diet of milk duds and slim jims!

With your positive attitude, I'm sure good things will happen quick for you!

ana said...

I've been having strange dreams too! Last night, I dreamed we went to the orphanage, but I didn't have any of the things that I'd wanted to bring, like toys. Then we met our baby, and it was a little girl, but she was only 6 months old and very, very small. She had brown eyes, and I held her for a long time. Like Kar, we didn't specify gender but have been convinced our referral will be a boy too. Who knows? It sounds like we're all ready to find out though!!

Tiger & Kar said...

Susan - we also said we would be open to twins! Maybe we'll both be doubly blessed.

Isn't it funny though, how you, me & Anna are ALL having these dreams. Now we just need Beth to chime in & say she's having them too!

Beth said...

Yes, I am having dreams too! I had a dream that we were in the CSS office (mind you I have never been there before) and one of the Russian ladies asked me for the new name of our little guy. I froze and couldn't come up with one - so they said "no time left - his name is Dmitry" and I said "no, no, not Dmitry", let's call him Elmo. Yes, Elmo is one of Luca's top picks! As I told Susan, it is up there with Bob the Builder and Justin Timberlake. So, now I have Nick crazed because I want a list of names together before we leave for trip 1. Crazy dreams!

Jane and Jim said...

The umbilical cord coming out of the back would scare me enough to wake up and get the hell outta there! yikesarama!

I hope your finger print appt. will come soon-

Happy New Year!

Carey and Norman said...

I hope you receive your fingerprint appointment quickly! I'm so excited that your Dossier is in Russia and might get translated before the holiday break. Either way, it sounds like you should receive news early 2008 and hopefully have your child home this Spring! That is wonderful news!

I think adopting two children would be so fun. We thought about it, but having a son we decided that one child was probably best as we didn't want to out number him. I would love for someone in the group to get a twin referral!

Allison said...

That is a crazy dream! I can't even begin to imagine what your mind is trying to work through.
I hope you get your fingerprinting appointment soon. Sounds like 2008 is going to be a great year for your family!

Becky and Keith said...

The real question is where they regular slim jims or the spicy ones with tabasco sauce?? YUM! :-) Sounds like you have wacky dreams like I do! My husband rarely dreams... weird. I hope you get your fingerprint appt very soon - maybe it will be a great New Year's surprise!

Dede said...

Are you sure you didn't eat Cheetos with the Mild Duds & Slim Jims? If so, then this would all make sense...ha ha j/k! :-) That's one crazy dream you are having there! Hopefully it is a sign of something good to come.

Joy said...

Wow is that an interesting dream. I dream about babies all the time but I just thought it was an occupational hazard from being around so many all the time.
Joy

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

What a vivid and wild dream! I can't ever remember that much of my dreams! Is Cody in the running for a name now for you all since you had the dream?! :)

Ryan and Amy said...

Cody is a cute name...what do you think? Happy 2008..can't wait to find out what's in store for you!

Susan said...

No, Cody is not in the running, never was. That is what is strange about the name. :)