I feel a bit of nausea coming on and maybe a craving or two! Our dossier is on a jet plane and officially on its journey. We went to Austin today and had all our paperwork apostilled. What a piece of cake that was!!! I feel silly now to have worried so much about getting our paperwork apostilled. We were there by 8:30 and were out within 30 minutes. We are lucky that Texas puts a cap on the fees for adoptive parents. They reduce the rate for adoptive parents to $10/form but cap it at $100. Otherwise it would have cost us $380 so I guess we'll have to thank the TX government for that one. They also gave us a form to hold on to for the future. If we need any additional paperwork apostilled it won't cost us anything since we hit the $100 limit already. Here's a rather cheesy picture of me holding the "baby" before it was on its way. (sorry the camera phone pic is not the greatest)

After we finished the apostilles we went 1/2 mile over to Fed Ex and mailed our "baby" to our agency and sent our home study to San Antonio to Immigration Services so we can complete our I600A. It cost us $60 to mail everything! Good gracious. Most of it was 3 pounds of dossier paperwork! That's how much it weighed on the scale. The doctor says its measuring right on track for this part of the pregnancy. :)
We had so much time to spare that we went over to Babies R Us and perused the store. We looked at cribs, played with strollers and checked out all the high tech gadgets they have out now to monitor the baby sleeping. They've got some night vision systems for baby monitors that rival what Randy uses to fly the Apache helicopter at night. They sure have come a long way since we were kids.
So now the wait begins for "The Call" letting us know when we are going to travel. Right now the plan is for us to travel to the Moscow region the end of January but our agency said if they have an appropriate referral in another region before that they would call and discuss that with us. We've been well taken care of so far, so we aren't worried about the wait. We're in good hands.
21 comments:
Congrats on getting your Dossier done! You are now a paper trail pro! You can push paper with the best of them!
We will be praying for a speedy referral and for you to travel very soon!
Yay! I am so excited that it is off. I hope your referral comes quickly! I am glad your morning when quickly and you werent in austin forever.
Oh, Susan - I am so thrilled for you guys! I can't wait until I am able to post a similar message.
That's AWESOME that TX puts a cap on apostille fees for adoptive parents. I'll have to check to see if VA has something similar.
Anyway, congratulations! This was great news to read this evening. I'm still holding out hope that by some small miracle we are able to submit our dossier next week & perhaps travel with you & Randy.
Enjoy your weekend,
Kar
Congrats on being paper pregnant! I did not sleep the entire night that our dossier was on its way to NC and then I woke and stalked the Fed Ex tracking system until it got there! We may be meeting in Moscow before we know it:)
Congrats! It won't be long now and you will be on your way. Thank goodness for that cap on the apostilles or it would have cost us a fortune!
Congratulations on completing your dossier! That is wonderful! Enjoy your weekend and relax now that it is done and out of your hands!
YAY!! Congratulations!! You'll be headed to Russia in no time! The Texas apostille adoption fee cap thing is great, however they didn't start that until after we were done adopting...LOL! Now you can sit back and relax! :) We mailed Cade's dossier to the agency on Dec. 20th 3 years ago...time flies!
Congratulations! Isn't it exciting to get to this point?! Now the real wait begins and it will go by so fast with all of the holiday activities upon us. Woo Hoo!
Gotta love that TX cap huh?!
WHOOHOO!! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait until you travel so we can read about the special little one that you've been led to!! Congrats!! It won't be long now!!
Congratulations!! Now you can relax and enjoy the holidays, knowing all that is done. :)
Chris and I remember that day. It is truly a great feeling to be one step closer to getting a referral. With Christmas and New Years coming, time will fly and you will get the call before you know it.
Congrats! Danica
Susan-I was in Old Navy tonight and saw several little airplane outfits and thought of you. They were very cute, and I thought you may be interested if you haven't seen them yet! :)
That's great. Congratz on getting it off.
I am so happy for you. You are one determined woman. You got that done so fast. I can not wait to hear about your referral.
Joy
Congrats!! That is awesome about the cap...AL doesn't have one, and apostilling is expensive!!
Congratulations on completing the Dossier. Funny post too! Glad your apostilles went smoothly. I think the $100 limit is great. Our documents are only $2/form, but I think we have still managed to go over the $100 mark. Great for small stacks, but not so good when you are completing the entire Dossier.
I can't wait to hear news soon!
YAY!!! Congrats on getting your dossier all done and on its way!!
Congratulations! Isn't that an amazing feeling of relief. Now I'm praying that you receive a quick referral/travel dates!
Congrats Susan, how wonderful to have your dossier all done. That is a huge step over with. I am new to blogging and just found yours. We are in TX also and were very glad when we found out about the $100 cap. Merry Christmas! I love that you have all those Christmas trees around the house, I struggled to put just one up!
I'm sorry to be posting so late - I'm just now catching up on reading blogs! CONGRATS on being paper pregnant! It's such a relief to be done with that! I hope you get a referral very quickly! And yes, we were in Sedona. My best friend from HS lives in Glendale and we went out there for our anniversary one year.
Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! That's a huge step. Here's hoping you get a quick referral and have your baby home soon!!! :o)))
PS I found your blog through Jane and Jim. ;o)
Post a Comment