We went to the informational meeting yesterday in Austin that CHI offers. It was informative and worth the trip to Austin. I'm glad we went since some of the information provided to us in the brochure we received this week had already changed. And wouldn't you know the part that had changed was the price. We were planning on the adoption costing about $22,000 to $25,000 but we found out the amount is now $33,000. GULP! Hence the title of this entry, "sticker shock". Looks like Randy will be airing up his bike tires in order to pick up a paper route for extra money. :-)
Nonetheless, we have begun to fill out our initial application to CHI and are trying to determine if we want to become a party of three or a party of four and adopt twins rather than one child. But more children equals more money, again, see the title of this entry. Where's that Magic 8-Ball when you need it??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just making sure the comments section works. Feel free to leave some, we love to read them.
Howdy from Russia!! :) I just happened to click on your name under my comments...I didn't realize you are now, officially, a blogger! :)
Congrats on sending your application in...it's a long, expensive, crazy journey. But - as we're about to find out - it is worth it! I can't believe I'm here...hopefully you will be here sooner, rather than later, too!! :)
Welcome aboard!
Just checking on y'all! How are things going? I just reread this post - and I can tell you that Int'l Adoption is so expensive...but I just couldn't be happier right now (I've done a lot of complaining lately, on my blog, but in reality, I wouldn't trade all of this for the world!!)
Anyway, just wanted to see how you're doing!
Post a Comment