I've spent the afternoon booking flights and arranging visas. I was able to get myself an upgradeable ticket on Delta and
We are excited but very cautious since things are very different in the Moscow Region this time around. The Russian fostering program has significantly reduced the number of children eligible for adoption to foreigners and we are well aware of the fact that we could come home empty handed. Of course we hope to meet our newest family member(s) while there, but we have to have our hearts and heads ready for everything.
Artem is already reminding me that he wants "two baby brothers" and I told him there is a chance that he might get a baby sister instead of a baby brother. I asked him what his thoughts were on having a baby sister and after a long pause he replied, "No, no sister, just bring home a baby penguin instead." *sigh*
24 comments:
Congratulations on getting travel dates! How exciting!!!
Yeah, yeah, yeah!! Praying everything goes well for you all!
Wow! That is exciting - I can't wait to hear about Artem's new siblings! :-)
If you find a Russian penguin, I want you to bring him to me! He's probably worth some money!
So excited for you and your whole family, Susan! We'll be praying that everything goes smoothly!
Congratulations! This is great news. I can't wait to follow along!
congratulations, things are moving fast! 2 years ago on July 11th we were in court in St. Pete for Phillip, it is a special day for us.
Congrats on the travel dates. keep us posted
Congrats on the travel dates! Very excited for you.
So very excited for you and know that God has that perfect sibling or siblings waiting for Artem!! (I'm still holding out for one of each. ;)) We will be praying for you and anxiously waiting to hear who the newest little member(s) of your family is/are!!!!
yaaaaaay!
praying as you prepare & praying that God will go before you in Russia...
- michelle
Wonderful news! We will pray for success!
CONGRATULATIONS! I had to laugh at Artem's request for a baby penguin instead of a baby sister. I'm wondering if Ilya had anything to do with that after our time together in AL. Ilya is always asking for a baby penguin! :-)
Congratulations! Can't wait to hear more about Artem's sibling(s).
Awesome news!! I agree with Artem - I would want a baby penguin too. :-) Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Great news....and so nice to have a little time to get ready!! Keeping our fingers crossed that you find the perfect little one for your family! Keep us updated!
Congratulations! I can imagine you are overjoyed after thinking it may be fall before you travel. I cannot wait to follow your journey back to Russia and learn if you are bringing home a boy, girl, siblings, or a penguin. It will definitely make a difference on how to decorate the nursery!!
So much for September travel dates!! Congrats! I pray all goes smoothly!
So good to hear that travel dates came sooner than September! I'm very excited to follow your trip back to Moscow (and maybe Fryazino?!?)
prayers and blessings from here---your blog about bringing Artem home was one that I followed when we were in the process of waiting for our miss k, and I was so grateful for all that you shared. I'm so glad to see that you are headed back, and hope that all goes smoothly!
I love that Artem requested a penguin in place of a sister!!! I'm praying for your trip ahead and that God will go ahead of you and prepare the path and prepare your hearts! What a blessing!!! Can't wait to hear more :)
T. Smathers
Yay!! So exciting!! Sending prayers your way for a successful trip!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And that sweet Artem! Baby penguins might be fun!!
Very exciting news! I can't wait to read all about your travels back to Russia!
I can't even imagine how much that plane ticket costs! You're lucky to be able to afford it!
We'll be in country at the same time and won't be too far away; we arrive in Moscow on the 11th. It makes me feel better to know that you'll be there, too! :)
Post a Comment