Pasha was our translator and driver for Artem's adoption. We love Pasha and his wife Masha and have kept in contact with them since we brought Artem home in 2008. Pasha is going to be our translator again for this adoption and with our trip a short two weeks away, I figure it's time to get ready mentally for Russia. I'm not talking about preparing for the cigarette smoke, warm sodas, or crazy driving; I'm talking about Pasha's ring tone on his phone. A phone that rings non-stop the entire time we are with him and a phone that has the world's worst song as it's ring tone.
The singer Peter Nalitch is a popular Russian folk singer and made this song and video as a joke, but it caught on and became very popular in Russia. The first 20 times I heard it, I thought I was going to go crazy but I have to admit the song is kind of catchy and by day three in Russia when I had heard the song 274 times, I started to like it and now when I hear it, it brings back such good memories.
So it's time to get mentally ready for Russia. I've played it 4 times tonight. Only 270 more playings to go before I leave and I'll be ready!
8 comments:
Oh my...sounds like you are going to have to invest in some ear plugs or keep your iPod handy.
Will you be taking Artem with you?
OMGosh - hilarious!! :) I'm so excited for you!!! Can't wait to hear about your trip!
Ahhh, the warm soda. I sure don't miss that! The first thing I did when we landed in the US was get a sweet tea from McD's with extra ice :)
I'm so excited for you as you prepare to return to Russia! We first met Colin the same time of year back in 2008...Praying you have a great trip and confirmation of which child or children God has chosen for you :)
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
www.brandtadoption.wordpress.com
Awesome Russian video! Too funny! Maybe Pasha will have a new ring tone for you to enjoy this time;)!! So happy for you on your trip back to Russia. Hope all goes well.
EWWW sounds like Pasha needs to get a new ring tone!
It sounds like Russian polka/rockish.. weird!
Yaguar? That's classic!
Looking forward to meeting the newest Steen!!!!!! YAY!!!!
Ah! the memories that music jogged:)
Post a Comment