Monday, November 9, 2009

Dossier Help

When I was doing the paperwork for Artem's adoption, everything was a struggle and I do mean everything. It seemed like I met obstacles at every step of the way and one of the things I struggled with the most was our medicals for the dossier. I couldn't get in to see our primary care physician. I couldn't get us in to see an MD. I couldn't even get us in to see a doctor for at least two months. Then when I told them I needed to get a copy of the physician's medical license, I might as well have told them I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. Everything was a struggle.

This time around the paperwork chase has gone much easier, knock on wood and I wanted to pass along a suggestion that worked for me on Artem's adoption and worked again this adoption. When I was struggling to get a copy of the medical license, my friend Jodi told me to contact the state's medical licensing board and request a copy of the doctor's license. It falls under public information, so for a small fee they sent me two notarized copies of his license. I think it may have cost $15 and they didn't even require payment up front. They sent the copies first and then mailed the bill later. Talk about trusting.

If you live in Texas you can email Bonnie.Kaderka@tmb.state.tx.us From the time I emailed her to the time I had the notarized copy in my hands, it was one week. I hope this information can help someone who is struggling with this part of the paper chase.

No comments: